The IB program is a rigorous, two-year, pre-university liberal arts course of study that meets the needs of highly motivated and academically oriented 11th and 12th grade students. Designed as an interdisciplinary curriculum, the IB program allows the student to apply their theoretical knowledge to practical and experimental situations. Additionally, the IB program attempts to provide students with the academic training that will promote their intellectual and personal development. At Stanton we strive to equip students with the skills and attitudes necessary for success in higher education and employment. Stanton has one of the largest and most successful IB programs in the nation. Many IB graduates are attending highly selective universities, and students who pursue the IB diploma enjoy many educational advantages such as:
- Participation in the most demanding pre-university course of study available in the world.
- A universal education accepted at the world’s leading institutions.
- Preparation for problem-solving from a global perspective.
- Recognition for admission to colleges and universities worldwide.
- Advanced placement and course credit in many prestigious colleges and universities.
- Eligibility for the Bright Futures Scholarships.
International Baccalaureate Application & Admission
Application to the Stanton IB Program takes place during the 8th grade year for admission in the following 9th grade school year. All application eligibility procedures are processed through the Duval County Public Schools Office of School Choice. Please contact their office at 904-390-2028 for procedures, timelines, and application eligibility and submission information.
More information can be found on the High School Acceleration Program (HSAP) application website: https://dcps.duvalschools.org/Page/22949
Stanton IB Forms & Information
Earning the IB Diploma