School Counselors in elementary schools work as partners for student achievement to address the social/emotional, academic, college and career readiness needs of each student. The school counselor develops a comprehensive program based on the school counseling standards from the Florida Frameworks and the ASCA National Model with input from the school and community. Each school counseling program is data based and designed to meet the unique needs of the school population.How is a school counseling program delivered?
How are students different because of the school counseling program?
- Classroom instruction
- targeted small group counseling
- individual student planning
- responsive services
- school-wide efforts
- collaboration and consultation with students, staff and the school community
- students acquire knowledge, social skills, positive attitudes toward self and learning
- student attendance, behavior and academic achievement improve