Morning ArrivalCar Rider
The traffic patterns for our school have been designed by the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office for the protection of your children. Obeying these rules will help to guarantee their safety. The driveway for car riders is the last driveway located at the southwest end of the school near the back of the music room and cafeteria. All parents of students in Grades K-5 are to let students off in the morning and pick students up in the afternoon in their vehicle from this area.
The driveway in front of the school has been designated as the ESE drop off area. It is for ESE buses and parents of ESE students who transport their children to school. Cars coming into this area during this time create an extremely unsafe situation for these students. Since many of them require special assistance to enter the building, extra traffic puts these students at risk. Please do not park in handicapped parking spaces as these are necessary for our handicapped students and vehicles with proper handicapped permits. Therefore, all other vehicles will be stopped from entering this area between 8:05 a.m.-8:40 a.m. and 2:30p.m.-3:00p.m.
In order to make morning arrival more efficient, please follow these rules so that we can get your student(s) to class on time.
· Students must remain in vehicles or at home until 8:00 a.m. as no supervision is available. Adults and Safety Patrols will be available during drop off (8:00 a.m. -8:30 a.m.).
· Please pull forward to the end of the car rider circle before allowing students to exit your car to the right (sidewalk side).
· Students are allowed to exit the car without assistance and can exit as soon as your car is parallel to the sidewalk.
· If your student has not entered the building before the tardy bell rings at 8:30 a.m., they will receive a tardy slip at the door. Please be sure that your student has their backpack tag on their back pack to speed up the process.
· If you arrive after 8:30 a.m., please proceed to the main parking lot or front driveway and escort your student into the front office.
Park and Escort Arrival
If parents wish to walk their students to the entrance of the building, they must park their cars in the main parking lot and walk their students across the bus lane. Parking for visitors is provided in the main parking lot on the south side of the building. The south driveway next to the main building and parking lot is for buses only. It is extremely dangerous for students to enter the building unescorted from this parking area because they may try to cross between buses. Therefore, if you choose to use the main parking lot, you must walk your student to the sidewalk. Please remember to use the designated crosswalks at either end of the parking lot. Handicapped parking is by vehicle permit only; please observe the signage allocating these spaces.