Students living more than 1.5 miles from Mandarin Oaks are eligible to ride the school bus. The students will be assigned to a school bus based on his/her address. Students may only ride their assigned bus. Students may not ride home with another student on his/her bus without a note from the parent and permission from the school. Riding the bus is a privilege that will be revoked for misbehavior. The district suggests parental supervision at bus stops to provide student safety.
Students who misbehave on the bus distract the bus driver and may cause a potential safety hazard. The driver will report any disturbances to the school administration to ensure the safety of all students who ride the school bus. Students will be suspended from the bus for repeated behavior referrals while on the school bus. Students can be excluded from riding the bus for the remainder of the school year for repeated violations of the school bus rules.
- Be at the assigned bus stop at least ten (10) minutes before the arrival time of the bus.
- Only ride on your assigned bus.
- Stand quietly off the road while waiting for the bus.
- Seat belts must be worn at all times while on the bus.
- Keep your head, arms, and hands inside the bus.
- Wait for the driver's signal before crossing the street in front of the bus.
- Do not talk to the bus driver while the bus is in motion.
- Do not eat, drink, or chew gum while on the bus.
- Talk quietly and only to the person next to you.
- Report directly to the double doors at the end of the second hallway when dismissed from the bus, unless you will be eating breakfast in the cafeteria.
- Students are under the supervision of the bus driver while on the bus. The driver is in total charge, and all students are expected to follow all the bus rules as outlined in the Duval County Student Code of Conduct.