Instructional Support Employment Opportunities
Paraprofessionals are an important part of the DCPS school communities. Qualifications vary according to the type of position and examinations or college credit are required for all schools.
- Instructional Paraprofessional for Special Needs: responsible for assisting with classroom instruction and maintaining discipline and childcare needs for examples: ESE programs, alternative program students, STAR and ESOL students.
- Instructional Paraprofessional (Regular Needs): responsible for assisting with classroom instruction and maintaining discipline in general education for examples: Pre K, K-5, vocational, parent education, and high incidence ESE students in non-self-contained settings.
Support Personnel jobs (Civil Service) open to the public are advertised on our website. Qualification requirements can be viewed by clicking on the job title. Some positions require passing a test.
Clerical: School-based and district office jobs. Examples: Office Assistant, Clerk Typist, School Clerk, Secretary, and Bookkeeper.
Maintenance: Trade positions that maintain grounds and perform repair and minor construction to facilities. Examples: Groundskeeper, Painter, Carpenter, Plumber, Electrician, and related crafts.
Positions that require college, specialized training and/or a professional license: Accountant, Computer Specialist, Nurse, and Police Officer.
Other Support Personnel Examples: Security Guard, Sign Language Interpreter, and Stock Clerk.
Duval County Substitute Teachers
Duval County Public Schools has partnered with Kelly Educational Staffing to recruit, train and provide qualified substitute teachers for our schools. Here are some of the benefits offered to substitute teachers working for Kelly Educational Staffing:
- Pick your own schools and schedule
- Flexibility and pre-planning capabilities when accepting and choosing substitute teaching assignments
- Weekly pay directly deposited to your bank account
- Bonus pay
- Health benefits
- 401K plan
- Sixty (60) semester credit hours
- Background screening
- Meet district hiring guidelines. Please click here to review.
Kelly Educational Staffing
4168 Southpoint Parkway, Suite 201
Jacksonville, FL 32216
For more information, click here to visit the Kelly Educational Staffing website.