Little Language Learners Program
What is Service-Learning?
Service–learning is a teaching strategy that integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities. For youth, teachers, administrators, community members, and parents, service–learning offers a dynamic path toward more engaging classroom and service experiences.
Service-Learning makes a difference by:
· Promoting learning through active participation,
· Creating structured time for students to reflect,
· Providing opportunities to use skills and knowledge in real life situations,
· Extending learning beyond the classroom, and
· Fostering self–esteem and a sense of caring for others.
Little Language Learners is aligned with academic standards in a service project.
Contact InformationMs. Ingrid CariasESOL, World Language, Dual Language Directorcariasi1@duvalschools.org904-390-2202Ruth JerniganWorld Languages Specialistjerniganr@duvalschools.org