We are pleased to offer many great benefits to our new employees. If you are an active, benefit-eligible employee, you are eligible to participate in the Plans providing health, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, and group hospital indemnity care benefits.
Opt-out of Medical Coverage: You have the option to opt-out of the medical insurance. In order to opt-out, you must provide the following information to the Employee Benefits Office:
· A completed Declination of Medical Coverage Affidavit; and· Proof of other group employer coverage; or
· Proof of government-funded coverage (i.e. Medicaid, Medicare, TRICARE)
The Employee Benefits Office is located at 1701 Prudential Drive Jacksonville FL 32207, Room 209. Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 4:30pm.Consider all of your options before making your elections. Your benefit elections will be effective on the first of the month following your first scheduled payroll deduction. Once you make your election, you will only be able to make changes during Open Enrollment or if you have a Qualifying Event.
New employees enrolling in DCPS benefits for the first time have the opportunity to make their selections using Premier Enrollment web-based enrollment program.
Employees have 15 days from the date they are loaded in the Premier Enroll Online system to complete their enrollment online. After 15 days, employees who have not completed an enrollment will be automatically enrolled in the Non-Contributory Employee-Only medical plan, Basic Life ($10,000) and Flex dollars will be added to your paycheck.
A few important things to remember before you get started with your online enrollment:
1. Create a NEW USER login and password at www.myFBMC.com
2. Check the email address that you provided in your New User Profile for an automatic message that will be sent to your inbox immediately. Click the validation link in the email. Return to www.myFBMC.com, sign in and begin your enrollment.
3. Please temporarily allow pop ups on your computer. Please read all pop up information as this is important information regarding your enrollment.4. If you are adding your spouse and/or child(ren) to your benefits, dependent verification documentation is required. Please see the Eligibility and Coverage section of your DCPS Flexible Benefits Plan Reference Guide which can be viewed online at https://dcps.duvalschools.org/Page/13247.5. Your enrollment session will “Pend” until the required documentation is submitted to the Employee Benefits Department. All required documentation must be submitted by the 15th day of your enrollment period. Failure to submit the dependent documentation will result in your elections being changed to “Employee-Only” for that benefit selection.6. Dependent documentation must be brought to the Employee Benefits Office located at 1701 Prudential Drive Jacksonville FL 32207, Room 209. Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 4:30pm. You can also fax the documentation to 904-390-2370. Your name and PIN number must be included on the fax.
If you have any questions, call DCPS Employee Benefits at 904-390-2351.