Start time: 9:30 a.m.
End time: 4:15 p.m.
The campus opens to students at 9:00 am. Before this time there is no arranged supervision so please do not drop off your child before 8:55 am.
Student will enter the building and report to their 1st period class.
Breakfast will be given in the classroom until 9:25 am (instruction will start)
Covid- 19 Procedures:
All Students will have their temperature checked before entering the building.
If a student’s temperature is 100.4 or higher or they feel sick, the student will be placed in a specific area and will remain there until parent pick-up. (It is necessary for a parent/guardian to pick them up, if student is not feeling well).
All students must wear mask or face shield at all times.
Students must follow all social distancing procedures outlined by the school.
Students will report to their designated area to exit the building/campus in a timely manner. Below is the order of dismissal: (4:00 p.m.-4:20 p.m.)
- Wave 1: After School program students and athletes
(6th –Auditorium, 7th & 8th Grade Cafeteria)
- Wave 2: Walkers and Car Riders
- 6th Grade bus riders
- 7th Grade bus riders
- 8th Grade bus riders
All walkers will immediately exit the building through the front gatenwhen dismissed.
The After School Division students will report immediately to the Cafeteria.
Athletes will report to After School Division and coaches will pick them up.
Once exited, students are not allowed to re-enter the building through any other part of the building. Once students exit the campus they will not be allowed re-entry through the gates.
Students who are waiting for their ride are required to remain in the courtyard near the gymnasium area until their ride arrives. This also applies to students who have been released early from an after school activity and practice or event.
Students not participating in an after school activity should be picked up by 4:30 p.m.
School Cell Phone Policy:
Here at Matthew W. Gilbert Middle School, our goal is to provide a safe, secure and stimulating learning environment where teachers can teach and students can learn.
Cell phones are strictly prohibited
- Cell phones must be powered off and away when students enter the building.
- Cell phones may not be visible (including sticking out of pocket or in their hands)
- Cell phones will be confiscated and parent pick-up required *siblings may not pick up phones;
- After he third offense that students phone will be banned from school
- It is the principal’s discretion if the cell phone will be returned to the parent
- Students may not video adults or teachers.
In the case of a late bus students will provide teacher with a Late Bus Pass.