Duval County Public Schools is proactively building strategic business partnerships with organizations large and small across northeast Florida. Our goal is to create sustainable mutual benefit for students, teachers and partnering organizations. We do this by designing customized training and education experiences that meet shared objectives. Partnerships can be school-based or district-wide. From advisory and consultative engagement to internships and experiential learning initiatives that open doors to future career pathways, call us today to learn more about how we can serve your organization.
WAYS TO HELP
- Mentor students. Our partners at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Florida will help you start and manage a program for your business.
- Offer an internship or apprenticeship program (virtual or in-person).
- Provide on the job training or job shadowing opportunities (paid or unpaid).
- Host a teacher externship program to help our instructors stay current with business and industry.
- Create an experiential learning opportunity for students or be a guest speaker exploring career pathways.
- Serve on an advisory committee that meet regularly to help academies prepare students for careers.
- Conduct mock interviews to help students develop the essential skills they’ll need to compete for employment.
- Donate financially or in-kind.
Patrick F. McCabe
Supervisor, Business Partnerships
C 904.472.7391 | O 904.348.5740