Developing strong partnerships with organizations large and small across northeast Florida enhances the design of customized training and educational experiences toward student success preparing them for their future careers. Our commitment is to create thriving and active partnerships with businesses and community organizations mutually benefitting students, teachers and partnering organizations. Partnerships bring financial and human resources, and as a Business Partner You Could…
- Collaboratively engage at the school-level or district wide.
- Offer On-the-Job training opportunities.
- Provide student internships (paid or unpaid – during summer).
- Serve from advisory and consultative engagement (advisory committee)
- Host tours of your business or company.
- Monetary or in-kind contributions; incentives and awards to recognize academic progress.
- Classroom in-service of industry norms, topics, or career fields.
- Adoption of a particular academy program/cohort/event.
- Donate new or used equipment.
- Host teacher externships, enabling teachers to keep current with business and industry norms.
A collaboration with Duval County Public Schools Career and Technical Education department your business can increase awareness, be an extension of the classroom, and tangibly help prepare tomorrow’s adults for the workforce.
- Businesses that support education are known as leaders in the community; students learn that the community cares about their education, their academic success, as well as their success as adults.
- Businesses are recognized as a community entity that values education.
- Learning about career opportunities unfamiliar to them, students may become aware of possibilities for their future. A valuable connection for students between academics and the choices that may benefit the workforce and aid in their recruitment efforts.
Become a business partner today!
For more information or questions contact:
Coordinator, Career and Technical Education
Duval County Public Schools