Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Program 2019-2020
Registration for Fall 2019-2020 VPK begins February 28, 2018 from 8:00 a.m. - 12 p.m.!
Your child must be age 4 on or before September 1st of the current school year. Eligible children for the 2019-2020 school-year must have been born between September 2, 2014 through September 1, 2015
HOW TO ENROLL YOUR CHILD FOR VPK AT A DCPS SCHOOL:
- Have a working email address.
- Log on to www.elcofduval.org and complete the online VPK application.
- Separately scan and submit supporting documents in PDF format (one proof of current residency and one proof of child's age).
- Once the application and documentation is reviewed by the Early Learning Coalition, a Certificate of Eligibility will be emailed to the parent within five (5) business days.
- Parents will print a copy of their child's VPK Certificate of Eligibility and take to the DCPS school of their choice, submit the VPK Certificate of Eligibility and proceed with the DCPS registration process for enrollment. Registration is first come, first serve. School sites are unable to hold seats for families. If the school has available seats and a family has all of the required documents, the school will register the child. Once the seats are filled, families can place their child's name on the wait list while seeking other locations in their area that offer the program. Parents must submit their child's official Health Record within 30 days after submitting the VPK Certificate to the school. Please note if your child's home school is a non-Title I school, your child can only attend VPK in a non-Title I school. Similarly, if your child's home school is a Title I school, your child can only attend a VPK program in a Title I school.
- Parents are prohibited from submitting the same VPK Certificate of Eligibility to another VPK school provider or community VPK provider. Violations of this policy may result with the child's certificate being rescinded by the Early Learning Coalition.
- Parents requesting to enroll their child at a DCPS VPK school not in their home attendance area must complete the VPK Special Transfer Option form at the requested school. Approvals are processed within seven (7) business days. Following approval, the school will contact the parent to complete the registration process so the child may be officially enrolled to attend the requested school. Children may start attending the VPK Program after the Special Transfer Option has been approved and received at the requested school.
- For Early Learning Coalition Office information: Click here or call (904) 208-2044
Head Start Program (Ages 3 and 4)
Head Start early learning services are available at seven DCPS elementary schools through partnership with Lutheran Services of Florida. For registration information, call: (904) 423-8637or visit their website Lutheran Services Head Start.