DismissalPosted by webmaster on 11/11/2019
- Due to safety concerns, parents are no longer permitted to walk into the car lot area and approach adults or students about riding home. All students in the car zone will be released to drivers in cars only.
- All changes to busses or notes for riding home with others need to be approved prior to 2:30pm. All students who ride buses will report directly to the assigned bus waiting area (posted colored signs) in the cafeteria. Students will check in with their bus adult and have a seat. Voice levels are on conversation in order for adults to hear directions. Students need to remain with their bus group at all times. If a student needs to leave the area for the restroom, the student needs to communicate with their bus adult in order to hold the bus if it arrives. Students are not permitted to be on phones or personal devices in the bus holding area. Students need to pay attention and listen for adult directives. Students will walk with their bus adult to the bus loading area.
- Students who do not live in a bus zone and need to walk home will gather at the front door to meet siblings (if appropriate) and exit the building through the front doors, and head down the appropriate sidewalk. Students will not run, cut through busses or ride bikes/skateboards on campus. Younger students who need an escort will wait at the front office for their adult escort.
- Students will not be dismissed to parents between 2:30 and 3:00 due to safety. Students need to be in their last class to transition to dismissal locations without visitors on campus or in the office.
ArrivalPosted by webmaster on 11/11/2019
- Students should not be on campus prior to 8am, unless they are enrolled in the Extended Day Program. Students arriving in cars will enter from the car lane door. Students exiting busses will be checked in on a clipboard as they exit and sent up the sidewalk inside the fence by the media center. Walking students will enter via a sidewalk in the bus loop and proceed to the front door to ring the buzzer or enter through the bus loading gates.
- Once students enter the building, they need to proceed to their holding areas. Middle Schoolers report directly to the cafeteria for breakfast and to wait for their 8:30 class. 1st-3rd graders report to their hallway and have a seat quietly outside of their classroom door. They may use personal electronics as they are under the supervision of the paraprofessionals. 4th and 5th grade students will report to their hallway to also have a seat outside of the classrooms. Personal devices may be used as they are under the supervision of the paraprofessionals.
- Middle School students in the cafeteria are not permitted to be on their phones or personal devices. Signage is also posted alerting the students that this is a No Phone Zone.
- Hats should not be worn inside the building.
- Students need to remain in their area and keep their voice level to a conversation level.