To be eligible for the PK3 program your child should be 3 years old by September 1st of the school year you are applying for. At John E. Ford, our Preschool Program is a tuition based program, currently $327 per month. After touring the school, an application can be submitted to the magnet office, usually by the end of February for the following school year in order to apply for the program. Once the application is received, it is processed via a lottery, just as all other magnet applications. Typically, you are notified by the end of April via email or letter. The communication will inform you if your child was accepted or wait-listed.
After touring the school, all applications should be submitted to the magnet office by the end of February for the following school year. Kindergarten students must be 5 years old by September 1st of the school year you are applying for. Students who attend John E Ford for Pre-K will automatically roll up to Kindergarten- they will not have to complete an application.
Grades 1 – 5
After touring the school an application should be submitted to the magnet office by the end of February for the following school year. Students will only be admitted to these grades if they have previous lower elementary Montessori experience in the prior school year. The Principal will verify the documentation of the prior Montessori experience. any applicants 1st-8th grade must have attended an accredited Montessori program the previous school year.
Students who are coming from J. Allen Axson have priority to our Middle School. The students do need to have an application filled out and submitted to the magnet office by the end of February.
Our students will automatically roll up to our middle school. After students finish Middle school, they will have priority at Paxon High School, Darnell Cookman Medical Magnet, Stanton High School and Wolfson High School.
Students currently enrolled in Duval County Public Schools will be able to access the Magnet Application in the parent/guardian FOCUS account. Blank applications are also available on the School Choice website. There is a deadline for turning in this application that must be met to be eligible for lottery. It is usually the end of February for the following school year.
We will offer tours beginning in december through February for the following school year. Please call (904)630-6540 to set up a tour time or if you have any questions about the tours. Students in 1st grade through 5th grade must bring proof of lower elementary Montessori experience in the prior year to the tour in order to tour the school for that grade level. The tours are put into the system, and that counts as your proof that you toured.
- The first priority of the lottery is neighborhood preference for students who live in the former attendance area of a dedicated magnet school.
- The second lottery priority is military dependent, for a student who has a parent on active duty. (Students must meet eligibility requirements when applicable, follow application procedures, live in Duval County and submit active duty orders and emergency data record.
- The third lottery priority is sibling preference for a student who has a brother or sister residing at the same address who attends a magnet program at the same school and is eligible to return next year. Siblings applying for the first time are not eligible to receive sibling preference. (Parents completing a blank application form must provide name and student ID# of sibling already attending the school
- The fourth lottery priority is elementary students whose neighborhood school is a Title 1 school and who apply to attend a magnet program in a non-Title 1 school.
- The fifth priority is for students whose parents who attend a tour or open house at the magnet school they are applying for in our attendance zones and have a signature.
- The sixth lottery priority is drawn from all students who apply to J. Allen Axson but who did not tour the school and do not have a signature.
- The lottery is drawn in April of each year for the following school year. The deadline for submitting Magnet applications is generally late February. Check here for more information: http://www.duvalschools.org/schoolchoice.