Welcome Back to the “2020-2021” School Year!
Welcome to the “2020-2021” school year! I am so excited to be returning as Principal of Smart Pope Livingston Elementary School-Accelerated Primary Learning Center. This year, our theme is “Superheroes”. This theme is designed to celebrate all who have demonstrated Courage, Care, Flexibility, Patience, and Love while facing challenges from COVID-19.
During these unprecedented times, we are taking extra precautions to ensure that each child attending “Face to Face” will stay safe. This process requires TEAMWORK.
The following changes are implemented to support CDC Guidelines:
1. All VPK/HS students are to be dropped off by 8:30 a.m. and picked up by 2:45 p.m. from the cafeteria. Please remain in your car and bring an ID card.
2. All Car Riders (K through 2nd Grades) are to be dropped off by 8:30 a.m. in front of the auditorium and picked up by 3:00 p.m. from the auditorium.
3. All Walkers must be escorted to the school by 8:30 a.m. and picked up from the school by a parent/guardian or an older relative no later than 3:00 p.m.
4. Breakfast will be served daily in all classrooms from 8:30 a.m. to 9:05 a.m. Please arrive on time.
5. All Car Riders will have their temperature checked while inside of the car. Each student, faculty/staff, etc. must have a temperature less than 100.4 in order to enter the school. All faculty, staff, and students entering the school are required to wear a mask.
6. Signage (Social Distancing, Masks, and Washing Hands) will be placed throughout the school.
7. If your child is riding the bus, please remember to register online. This must be done before your son or daughter is allowed to ride the bus.
This year, as we take steps towards excellence, I invite all parents and guardians to partner with the faculty and staff in this educational process to ensure the success of every child at S. P. Livingston Elementary School-Accelerated Primary Learning Center. Along with the faculty and staff, we will work extremely hard to foster positive relationships with our students, parents/guardians, and the community in order to ensure the success of every student. Therefore, I would like to build upon this partnership by asking that you join PTA ($6.00), attend monthly SAC meetings, and Parent meetings. Currently, all meetings are held through a virtual platform.
Please see the following schedule for Virtual Orientation in TEAMS:
August 18th- Head Start and VPK Students (10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.)
Kindergarteners (11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.)
1st Grade Students (1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
2nd Grade Students (2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
All Cougar Scholars attending S. P. Livingston Elementary School are required to wear a uniform. Please see the attached document for additional information.
Our school has the following programs: Extended Day and TEAM-UP. The cost for “Extended Day” is $52.00 per month (7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.) and/or $100.00 per month (3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.). TEAM-Up starts August 24, 2020.
I am looking forward to partnering with you in order to ensure the success of your child. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call me.
Enjoy the rest of your summer, and we will see you via TEAMS for Orientation on August 18th.
Mrs. Talbott, Principal