Paying for College $$$Tools to use:
- MyinTuition developed by Wellesley College. It shows the projected cost of college once financial aid is factored in, helping students understand and plan for what college will actually cost.
- My Big Future developed by Collegeboard. Compare the true cost of various colleges. Use this calculator to see how much college will cost by the time you enroll.
- Scholarship Updates check the Senior News page regularly for scholarship applications.
1. Florida Bright Futures Program opens October 1st
Application opens October 1
Service hours are due in Guidance the day before winter break, or the day before spring break.
- Bright Futures Home Page - and other FL scholarship opportunities
- Community Service Hours Verification Form
- Ideas for Community Service
2. FAFSA October 1st: (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) These programs provide grants, loans, and work-study funds to students attending college or career school. For more information visit: https://fafsa.ed.gov/ Visit FAFSA4caster to help you understand your options for paying for college. Provide some basic information and they will estimate your eligibility for federal student aid. Check out: FAFSA do's and don'ts
CSS Profile: Each year CSS Profile gives access to more than $9 billion for thousands of undergraduate, graduate and professional students. The CSS Profile is an online application that collects information used by nearly 400 colleges and scholarship programs to award non-federal aid. (For federal aid you must complete the FAFSA, available Oct. 1 at fafsa.ed.gov.) Some colleges may require the CSS Profile from both biological/adoptive parents in cases of divorce or separation Visit: https://cssprofile.collegeboard.org/ for more information
3. Micro-Scholarships: There are many micro-scholarships offered to students. It's just a matter of searching. Some of the more common resources are:
- Scholarships America
- Senior News for more scholarships!
Click here for information on the various types of financial assistance.