These instructions are for current Stanton students. Incoming 9th grade students, please follow this link to enter your course request: https://tinyurl.com/yc7pn3ws
*You may use the course progressions below as a reference.
Welcome to the Stanton College Preparatory School Course Request page for the 2022-2023 school year. Please read the steps below and use the document links on this page to plan your course requests. Many of your course progressions will already be selected for you and you will not be able to change these requests. You will have an opportunity to meet with a school counselor or administrator in order to load remaining course progressions.
**Very important instructions**
- Your selections must follow the correct course progressions. Refer to the course sequences and catalog below for guidance
- You must have eight course requests minimum (combined required progressions and elective choices) and you must also plan to request 3 back-up electives.
- Your first 8 selections will not have a “priority” number attached. However, your back-up electives should begin with priority number “2” and so forth sequentially. (Do not use a priority number “1”)
**I.B. 12th Graders: Please make sure you pay close attention to your selection of either a Higher Level or Standard Level course in Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, Philosophy, Computer Science and All World Languages. The correct class levels corresponding with the courses are clearly marked in the course catalog and the I.B. course progression chart.
Read these instructions carefully before making your course requests: Click here to view the video tutorial
Course Request Steps:
- Read the entire page and follow the directions carefully
- Review the Course Catalog and your program of study/course sequence, Honors or IB
- Review course requirements and prerequisites in the Course Catalog
- Log on to your Focus student account at https://duval.focusschoolsoftware.com
- Convert the school year to 2022-2023
- Find the “My Information” tab and select “Class Requests”
- Select your course requests on Focus during the 7 day window – many of your progressions will be pre-selected for you.
- Students will be called to Guidance and Curriculum following the 7 day window to verify and finalize schedule requests
If a student does not submit a completed planning sheet, their courses will be chosen for them.
May Ibasco (last names A-F) email@example.com
Kyle Fessenden (last names G-N) firstname.lastname@example.org
Misa Watanabe (last names O-Z) email@example.com