Kindergarten Enrollment Starts May 3.
Duval County Public Schools is ready to help your little ones learn, play, and grow. We treat your babies like our babies, and in our elementary schools, your children will find a fun and safe place to flourish. It can be tough to send your young one to school for the first time, but you can trust that your child will be loved and supported by teachers dedicated to their well-being.
To enroll in Kindergarten, your child must turn five years old on or before September 1, 2021. Here are the simple steps to enroll.
Step 1 - Find Your School
Use the School Locator at www.duvalschools.org/locator to find your child's attendance area school. If you have participated in the Magnet or Special Transfer Option Lottery and your student has already been assigned to a school, you may skip this step.
Step 2 - Contact Your School
Call your school and make an appointment to register. You (the parent or legal guardian) will need to bring a few things with you.
- Child's birth certificate
- Proof of a physical exam
- Immunization record. For information about Florida immunization requirements, go to: www.immunizeflorida.org
Two Proofs of Home Address:
- You may use two of the following:
- Jacksonville Electric Authority (JEA) or TECO bill
- Deed, mortgage or closing statement
- Lease agreement from a company or a private individual (private leases must be notorized)
- Driver's license
- Voter registration ID
- Or two of the following and one of the items listed above:
- Current auto insurance
- Current credit card statement
- Current property tax receipt
- Current U.S. postal service confirmation of address change
- Current bank account statement (block out the account numbers)
- Current payroll statement
- Current non-cellular phone bill
- Current vehicle registration
- The address must match on all documents.
If you prefer to register online, you can do so by following the instructions at www.duvalschools.org/focus
School starts Tuesday, August 10, 2021. We look forward to seeing our brand new families.