Interested in the Medical Academy at Mandarin High School?
- 5 GPA or higher
- Level 2 or higher on the FSA ELA
- 9th/10th grade student in the 2021-2022 School Year
- If you are going to be a 10th grade student starting in the Medical Academy you will have to take 2 Medical Academy courses during your 10th grade year
- A desire to work in the Medical Field as a career path
- Completed application with teacher recommendations from Science, Math, and English submitted to Erin Heinze (MHS School Counseling Office)
- If MHS is not your zoned high school, you will need to apply for a general special assignment. Applications open on January 1, 2020. Admittance to the Medical Academy does not guarantee admittance to MHS if you are not zoned for our school.
- If you are zoned for Mandarin High School, turn in your application to the school counseling office by the deadline and await a letter in the mail stating that you have been accepted/denied into the Medical Academy.
- If you are not zoned for Mandarin High School, please follow the below steps:
- Complete the Mandarin High School medical academy application which is available below
- Complete the Duval County Special Assignment application which is available starting January 1, 2021. More information at the following link: general special assignment
- Await for notification from Mandarin High School stating that you have been accepted/denied into the Medical Academy
- Await for notification from the Duval County School Choice office that you have been accepted/denied into Mandarin High School
- Once you have received BOTH notifications of acceptance, come and register at Mandarin High School in the School Counseling office