LaVilla’s Community Partnerships
LaVilla School of the Arts has developed many relationships with the Jacksonville Art Community. These relationships foster community arts awareness, while promoting the development of our arts instructional programs. Many of our faculty members are involved in their art form throughout the community by directing, holding gallery openings, performing in concerts and shows, freelance writing, and choreographing. Our students are also involved in the community by visiting local elementary and middle schools as well as performing at venues across the state and country. LaVilla holds an annual show, Showcase, which serves as our largest fundraising effort and showcases performances from each of our eight arts areas. LaVilla is lucky to have a high functioning Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) that is notorious for securing community and business partnerships to recognize student and teacher achievement and successes.
LaVilla is constantly adding new community partners and educational relationships to enhance both the artistic experience for our students, but also to provide art awareness in the Jacksonville community. Listed below are a few community partners and educational relationships:
- Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville—Project Atrium Artist Q & A with both Visual Art and Theatre and use of their laboratory space
- The Cummer Museum and Gardens— Provides student gallery tours of current exhibits and loan of studio space
- Don’t Miss a Beat—Artist in Residence for Jazz Band, masterclasses, and joint concerts/performances
- Jacksonville University—Masterclasses for both instrumental music, dance, and visual art and joint concerts/performances
- Florida State College Jacksonville FSCJ – Summer Musical Theatre Experience
- Cathedral Arts Project—Animation Programming
- Federal Courthouse, Jacksonville—Visual Art students provide artwork for the courthouse and the judges conduct Q & A with the students
- Creatively Independent – “Play” Residency
- Barter Theatre – Traveling theatre troupe
- Broadway Connections – Performers from touring Broadway shows conduct workshops and masterclasses with our students.
- Parent Theatre Class - Parents are invited to participate in a class in the evening to experience what their students learn in a theatre class.