Sandalwood High School faculty, staff, parent and students agree that this compact outlines how we will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement. The compact describes how the school and parents will build and develop a partnership to help children achieve the state’s high academic achievement standards. Please review the School-parent Comact.
School – 9-12th Grade Teachers agree and will work with student and their families to support students’ success in reading and mathematics. Key connections with families will be:
- Provide parents with home learning opportunities for students to be successful.
- Offer free family nights concentrating on study skills, college awareness and financial aid.
- Provide ongoing opportunities for parents to meet and share experiences and decisions relating to the education of their children through the parent resource room.
- Distribute monthly newsletters featuring tips for student success
Parents Agree to support students’ success in reading and math by:
- Encourage children to have fun with vocabulary and math.
- Use material home learning to enhance learning at all times.
- Play word games with new vocabulary reader words in family conversations.
Dr. Saryn L. Hatcher, Principal
Howard Ford, SAC Chair
Committed to Excellence