June 1, 2018
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Jefferson Davis Middle School is a uniform school. The uniform policy that is in effect requires the students to adhere to the following:
1. Grade Level Uniform Polo Shirts – The colors for the shirts are specific to each grade level: 6th grade—hunter green, 7th grade—grey and 8th grade—black, pullover polo style shirts. If a shirt is worn under the uniform shirt, it must be white, black or hunter green.
2. Pants – Only KHAKI (tan) twill cotton pants are permitted. NO CARGO PANTS. NO JEGGINGS. Pants that are frayed cut, torn or expose the skin are NOT permitted. Pants shall be worn with the waistband at the waist with a Belt, and NOT below the waist. SHORTS, SKIRTS AND CAPRIS ARE NOT ALLOWED, PANTS ONLY!
3. Jefferson Jackets – Hats / Hoods are NOT worn on school grounds. NO HOODIES ARE ALLOWED. When the temperature is BELOW 60 DEGREES, students may need to wear a heavy coat to school. Jackets/Coats must be taken off when in the hallway during class changes.
4. Hats– Hats, bandanas, scarves, nets, head ties, or other head coverings may not be worn anywhere at school.
5. Belts – All belts, buckles, straps, shoestrings and zippers will be fastened as designed. Chains of any kind are NOT permitted.
6. ID Badges – ID badges MUST be worn around student neck, daily, throughout the entire school day!
7. Accessories – Cell phones, CD Players, headphones, cards, electronic games or any electronic device are NOT permitted without administrative approval. The school is NOT responsible for any lost/stolen electronic equipment, jewelry, or other prohibited devices. These items will only be released to the parent/guardian of the student from which it was confiscated or any adult listed on the blue emergency contact card.
8. BACKPACKS MUST BE CLEAR OR MESH ONLY. ANY NON CLEAR OR NON MESH BACKPACKS WILL BE CONFISCATED AND A PARENT WILL HAVE TO PICK THEM UP.
9. Students will be required to wear a PE uniform for the 2018-2019 school year. The cost of the uniform is $15.00 and may be purchased at the school, during orientation and throughout the school year.
Please be advised that the implementation of this policy will NOT allow for an opt-out option. This policy will be effective for the 2018-2019 school year.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please feel free to contact Jenifer Vander Voort at 904-573-1060 ext. 126.
Thank you for all of your support.