2023 – 2024 BRIDGE TO SUCCESS ACADEMY HIGH (9-12) MANDATORY UNIFORM POLICY
THIS MANDATORY UNIFORM POLICY WILL BE IN FULL EFFECT FROM AUGUST 2023 TO JUNE 2024
Reminders about the policy and/or warnings will only be provided during the first two (2) weeks of school.
- Uniform Shirt: (All uniform shirts must be worn while on campus.)
School Ordered polo style shirt with a collar (Grey, Navy Blue, Yellow or Black)
- Uniform Bottoms: (All uniform pants and shorts must be worn secured at the waistline with a belt.)
KHAKI, BLACK or NAVY Uniform pants, shorts or capri’s
Shorts must not be more than 2 inches above the back of the knee (This will be checked daily.)
- Shoes and Socks:
Casual or gym shoes are permitted.
Sandals with a back strap are permitted.
- Additional Layer of Clothing to Keep Warm:
School Ordered Uniform Jacket can be worn over the uniform shirt and must remain fully unzipped while on campus.
- Prohibited Items:
- NO Jeans, Jeggings, Denim, Leggings
- Outside Jackets / Hoodies
- Purses that are larger than a sheet of paper
- Non-see-through Backpacks
- No rips, holes or frayed edges/hems in clothing
- CROCs / Backless Sandals
- Hats, bandanas, bonnets, scarfs, and sweatbands are NOT permitted on campus.
Student ID Badges: ID badges on lanyards (ID set) are a part of the uniform and must be worn around the neck to enter the building and while on campus. ID’s are checked upon entering campus. Every student will receive one (1) complimentary replacement ID for the school year. Additional prints will be made for a fee of $5.00 per print.
Benefit of having student ID’s:
- Promotes a safe school environment.
- Allows for quick access to obtain service in the cafeteria.
Students without ID’s:
- Will be directed to report to the Main Office upon arrival to campus.
- Will be provided with a new ID; parent will be contacted and a $5.00 fee will be added to the student debt list for each occurrence.
(All debts must be paid in full for students to be eligible to participate in school-sponsored activities such as: field trips, college tours, etc.)
Non-compliance will result in one of the following outcomes for occurrence:
Discipline referral for a Dress Code Violation with an assigned consequence
Repeat violations will result in progressive consequences being administered (i.e.: detention, ISSP, etc.)
Student may carry a “clear plastic” or “See – through mesh” backpack while on campus. (All backpack items must be visible at all times.)
These policies are reviewed and revised on an annual basis. Input can be provided during monthly SAC and Shared Decision Meetings.