Degrees and Certifications:
Our students are expected to have excellent attendance. Please make every effort to have your child attend school every day, on time. Students must be in class before 9:30 AM.
A written note for a parent or guardian must be sent to the teacher when a child returns from an absence. The note should include the date and the reason for the absence. This information is necessary for the school records. Parents must call school in the morning to report an absence.
Students must turn in written excuses for an absence to the 1st Period teacher. Without a parent or medical note excusing the absence, the absence is considered UNEXCUSED.
Excused School and Class Absences and Tardies
- Student illness: Students missing 3 or more consecutive days of school due to illness or injury are required to provide a written statement from a health care provider. The written statement must include all the days the student has been absent from school.
If a student is continually sick and repeatedly absent from school due to a specific medical condition, he or she must be under the supervision of a health care provider to receive excused absences from school.
- Medical appointment: If a student is absent from school due to a medical appointment, a written statement from a health care provider indicating the date and time of the appointment must be submitted to the office
- Death in family- Parents should provide a note
- Observance of a religious holiday or service when it is mandated for all members of a faith that such a holiday or service is observed
- School-sponsored event or educational enrichment activity that is not a school- sponsored event, as determined and approved by the principal or principal’s designee: The student must receive advance written permission from the principal or the principal’s designee. Examples of special events include public functions, conferences, and regional, state and national
- Subpoena by law enforcement agency or mandatory court
- Out-of-School suspensions
- Other individual student absences beyond the control of the parent/guardian or student, as determined and approved by the principal or the principal’s The principal shall require documentation related to the condition.
Unexcused School Absence
Any absence that does not fall into one of the above excused absence categories is to be considered unexcused. Any student who has been absent from school will be marked unexcused until he/she submits the required documentation as specified above. Failure to provide the required documentation within three school days upon the return to school will result in an unexcused absence.
Unexcused absences include:
- Absences due to vacations, personal services, local non-school event, program, or sporting activity
- Absences due to older students providing day care services for
- Absences due to non-compliance with immunization requirements (unless lawfully exempted)