Student Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- Florida State Law requires that bike riders must wear a helmet when riding their bike. It is suggested to bring a bike lock to secure his/her bike to the bike rack.
- At 8:00am, students are able to enter Englewood Elementary through one of the outside Cafetorium doors. Breakfast is served in the cafeteria for 3rd-5th grade students. Breakfast in the classroom will occur for students in grades Kindergarten-2nd. All breakfast and lunch is at no-cost to every student.
- As noted in Duval County Public School Code of Student Conduct, a student is not allowed to be on school grounds 30 minutes before the school day begins. Repeat violators of this policy will have to be reported to authorities.
- Parents can escort their children for the first two days of school without getting a pass. If a parent needs to speak with a teacher before school, then he/she must check-in at the Main Office so that a staff member can provide assistance.
- Kindergarten and new first grade students will be held in the cafeteria and supervised until they are escorted to their classrooms. This procedure will continue for the first couple weeks of school or until they are comfortable with walking themselves to class.
- Students will wait outside their classrooms from 8:10-8:25 p.m. while they are monitored by our staff members.
- All car riders must be dropped off at the front door. Side street on Betty Ann Lane is off-limits to parking from 7:50-8:30 a.m. (Violators are subject to traffic/parking fines from the Jacksonville Sheriff Office.)
- All classes begin instruction promptly at 8:30 am. Students are late starting at 8:30 a.m. and must be in the main building no later than 8:30 a.m. to be counted as on time.
- Parents dropping off late students must sign their child in at the Main Office.
- Early dismissal/pickups end at 2:15 p.m. so please pickup students for appointments before that time. Students will only be released after 2:15 pm for extreme emergencies only.
- Dismissal will begin at 3 p.m. Please call our Main Office (904-739-5280) if you are running late.
- Walkers and bike riders will be dismissed at the side gate (next to the portable on the north end of our school) at 3 pm. Parents are expected to pick up their child from the side gate. If a student is not picked up at the gate by 3:05 p.m. , then he/she will go to the Extended Day program and their parents are subject to a late fee.*
- Car riders will continue to be dismissed at the cafeteria. Students not picked up by 3:15 p.m. will be sent to Extended Day and subject to a late fee.
- Car riders are called by their car rider number. Please help your child remember his/her number.
- Late pickups will be placed in our Extended Day and be subject to a charge of $10.00 for the first hour and $10.00 for each additional hour or part thereof.* Late Pickups will have to be signed out in the Extended Day office in the Main Office.
- Only adults identified in FOCUS will be allowed to check out a student for a Late Pickup. Late Pickups will not be released to siblings who are under 18.
*It is important to note that school officially ends at 3 p.m., and the teachers’ work day ends at 3:10 p.m. If you know that you will have difficulty picking up your child by the assigned times, then please sign up for our Extended Day service. The current Extended Day rates are $52/month for AM only (drop off as early as 7 a.m.), $100/month for PM only (pickup as late as 6 p.m.), or $152/month for both AM and PM.
Mr. Dino R. Mullin