Student Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- Florida State Law requires that bike riders must wear a helmet when riding their bike. It is suggested to bring a bike lock to secure his/her bike to the bike rack.
- At 8:00am, students are able to enter Englewood Elementary through one of the outside Cafetorium doors. Breakfast in the classroom will occur for all students in grades Kindergarten-5th. All breakfast and lunch is at no-cost to every student.
- As noted in Duval County Public School Code of Student Conduct, a student is not allowed to be on school grounds 30 minutes before the school day begins (8:30 am). Repeat violators of this policy will have to be reported to authorities. Students who would like to arrive prior to 8:00 am must be enrolled in our Morning (a.m.) Extended Day Program.
- Due to COVID-19, parents will not be allowed to walk students onto the building (starting on the very first day). We will have staff members ready to escort and direct students to their assigned locations. Please remember to label students on the first day (weeks) with their name, grade level, teacher name.
- Students will wait outside their classrooms from 8:00-8:25 p.m. while they are monitored by our staff members.
- All car riders must be dropped off at the front door. The side street on Betty Ann Lane is off-limits to parking from 7:50-8:30 a.m. (Violators are subject to traffic/parking fines from the Jacksonville Sheriff Office.)
- All classes begin instruction promptly at 8:30 am. Students are late starting at 8:30 a.m. and must be in the main building no later than 8:30 a.m. to be counted as on time. (Since we will be taking each student's temperature before sending them to their classrooms, being on time to school is especially essential this year).
- Parents dropping off late students must call the school when they arrive to have staff come out with the sign-in book. Do not drop off students at the front of the school unattended after 8:30 am.
- Early dismissal/pickups end at 2:15 p.m. so please pick up students for appointments before that time. Students will only be released after 2:15 pm for extreme emergencies only.
- Parents will not be allowed in the building for early checkout. Please call the school once you arrive and we will bring the student out to the car. The person checking the child out must have I.D. and must be on the child's dismissal card.
- Dismissal will begin at 3 p.m. Please call our Main Office (904-739-5280) if you are running late.
- Walkers and bike riders will be dismissed at the side gate (next to the portable on the north end of our school) at 3 pm. Parents are expected to pick up their child from the side gate unless they are authorized to walk home alone (2nd-5th grades). If a student is not picked up at the gate by 3:05 p.m., then he/she will go to the Extended Day program and their parents are subject to a late fee.*
- Car riders will continue to be dismissed at the cafeteria. Students not picked up by 3:15 p.m. will be sent to Extended Day and subject to a late fee.
- Car riders are called by their car rider number. Please help your child remember his/her number.
- Late pickups will be placed in our Extended Day and be subject to a charge of $10.00 for the first hour and $10.00 for each additional hour or part thereof.* Late Pickups will have to be signed out in the Extended Day office in the Main Office. Please call the school when you arrive.
- Only adults identified in FOCUS will be allowed to check out a student. Late Pickups will not be released to siblings who are under 18.
- If you are changing a dismissal plan or adding someone who can pick up the student, you can do so through the email address on file in FOCUS. If your email address in not on file in FOCUS, please call us to do so. It is very important for the school to have your email address.
*It is important to note that school officially ends at 3 p.m., and the teachers’ workday ends at 3:10 p.m. If you know that you will have difficulty picking up your child by the assigned times, then please sign up for our Extended Day service. The current Extended Day rates are $52/month for AM only (drop off as early as 7 a.m.), $100/month for PM only (pick up as late as 6 p.m.), or $152/month for both AM and PM.
Ms. Luisa Reis