Wildcat Academic Pride
Welcome! To insure the success of our students, support is offered in all content areas as well as electives. For specific courses, tutoring may be offered by teacher.
Pre-Early College Program
Highlands' Pre-Early College Program offers a blend of middle school, high school, and college courses to enable students the opportunity to qualify for high school Early College Programs.
Qualifications for participation in our Pre-Early College Program include:
- 770-1070 Lexile on the Spring Administration of Achieve3000 during 6th grade year
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- Teacher Recommendation
- Level 3 or higher on Grade 7 FSA ELA
- Successful completion of Pre-Early College Reading Course during 7th grade year ("C" or higher)
- Score of 85 or higher on the PERT Reading assessment
- 8th grade students will have the opportunity to participate in as many as 3 high school courses and 1 collegiate course (SLS Strategies for Success) offered on campus via our partnership with FSCJ. Paricipants in our Pre-Early College Program will be eligible for college tours and various seminars throughout the school year.
Military Sciences Program
Highlands' Military Sciences Program offers participants the opportunity to learn and exhibit core leadership skills necessary for success in the military and in life. Students will participate in Physical Training (PT) that will prepare them for participation in a high school Junior ROTC program. Our cadets will also learn more about military history as they begin to prepare for life after high school.
Highlands' STEM program provides our students hands-on experiences with science through the use of technology. Participants in our STEM courses will learn to problem solve through collaborative learning experiences. Students will participate in project-based learning tasks to help reinforce concepts learned in their science and math core classes.
Facilitated Academic Support
City Year Corps Members
Students must have permission to attend morning tutoring from a City Year Near Peer. This academic enrichment program does not serve as extended day. Students must be willing to receive additional, focused academic support during this hour. Students will have the opportunity to eat breakfast once tutoring ends.
TEAM-UP Afterschool Program
Mr. Troy Way, Program Manager
Team-Up is an application-based after school enrichment program. If interested, please apply in the Main Office. All approved applicants will be notified by telephone.