Arrival and Dismissal
***Please be patient during arrival and dismissal especially during the first few weeks of school while children are learning new routines.***
All students are to be in the school by the 8:30am bell (2nd morning bell). If your student is unable to make it into the classroom before the 8:30am bell, he/she will be sent to the front office to get a tardy.
Arrival and Dismissal
Drop off locations and areas to enter the school have changed for the 2019-2020 school year. Please make note of the changes. Extended Day drop off and pickup will take place in the front office. There will be NO entry at the back gate by the Cafeteria starting on or after the first day of school. Please look at the maps and visuals below carefully to look for drop off, walk up and pick up locations. Thank you for your grace and courtesy as we implement these changes for the safety of all of our staff, students and families. Note that ALL entry doors will be CLOSED at 8:25.
- PK - 1:30
- K-5 - 2:55
- Early Release PK-5 - 1:05
Car Riders/Parent Pick Up
- Students cannot be on campus until 8:00 a.m. unless they are enrolled in Morning Extended Day.
- Do not park inside the bus loop or drop students off in the bus loop. This may cause disruption in the bus schedule not only for our school, but other schools as well.
- Please drop your child off at the front of the school. You will need to pull all the way to the front of the drop off zone. If your child is not ready to exit the car at that time or if you child is not able to exit the car without your assistance, please pull around and park in a parking spot to avoid a backup in the drop off line.
- For the safety of your child, please have them exit from the passenger side only. This will be strongly enforced. If you are unable to comply for any reason, please park your vehicle in the designated area.
- Please do not park your car in the car loading zone. If you wish to walk your child in, please park in the designated parking areas.
- Early Check Out Policy: Please be aware that you will not be able to check out your child between 2:15pm and 3:00pm unless it is an emergency or approved by the Principal. *This policy is in the Student Code of Conduct*
- We are asking that all bus riders fill out a bus registration form for the 2019-20 school year. This will allow us quick access to parent information in the event a bus is late leaving the school or is delayed due to traffic.
- JAA Bus Registration Packet
- AM Bus riders arrive in the bus loading zone and should report to either the cafeteria for breakfast or to the hallway outside of his/her classroom.
- Bus riders will be dismissed from their classrooms to the bus loading zone at 2:55.
- Parents of Kindergarten bus riders must complete the form below prior to your child riding the bus. This is a Duval County Policy.
- K Dismissal Form 2019-20
- Bus routes can be found at this link.
Extended Day Information
Information about our extended day program is on our website under programs. You can follow this link.
Thank you for your support!