Transportation - Busing and Student Drop-off/Pick-up
Bus transportation is now available free of charge to all LaVilla students. Go to www.duvalschools.org for routes and information or call 904-381-RIDE (7433). Avoid being tardy. RIDE THE BUS!
PM Activity buses are available after school on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday. PM Activity Buses are not available on Wednesdays.
- All automobiles will drop off students using the loop off of N. Davis students.
- Students may not exit cars until 7:45 a.m. and on the right side and only on school property.
- Do not allow students to exit cars in parking areas and walk through the area without escorts.
- Students will walk outside the drive and enter through the gate: 6th graders will stay in this outside holding area, 7th graders will walk through the gate to the basketball court area, and 8th graders will walk through the gate to the picnic table area. In the event of inclement weather, 6th graders will report upstairs to the 6th grade hallway, 7th graders will report to the main hallway outside the Media Center/Dining Hall, and 8th graders will report to the gym.
- Students eating breakfast should proceed to the dining room upon arrival after 7:45 a.m.
- No early dismissals will be permitted after 2:40 pm on regular school days and after 12:50 pm on early release days.
- Unless there is an emergency, all students must wait until the dismissal bell rings at 3:20 pm on a regular day, and 1:35 pm on an early release day.
- Late pick-up students (after 3:45 p.m.) must be signed out by a parent via the main office on N. Davis St. and will be subject to supervision fees per the fee schedule of the Community Education department.
- All automobiles will pick up students using the loop off N. Davis Street.
- Students will exit the school using the main doors and walk around the outside of the driveway to waiting cars.
- Students will load promptly on the right side only and only on school property. It is not legal or safe to obstruct the flow of traffic on public streets. Do not allow students to walk through the area without escorts to board in parked or waiting cars.