The vision of Mayport Coastal Sciences Middle School is to enable all students to reach their full potential as creative, inquiring learners who respect our Florida Coastal Ecosystems.
Our mission is to teach our students to become self-directed researchers, analytical thinkers, problem solvers, prolific readers and writers, and lifelong stewards of the coastal environment. Our methodology will be inquiry-based, differentiated, and aligned with preparing our students to enter any high school accelerated program.
- We believe in fostering coastal stewarship in our students and our community.
- We believe that our diverse population enriches the learning environment for all students.
- We believe that our integrated magnet program provides unique opportunities for all students to explore real-world, hands-on field studies utilizing current research and technology.
- We believe in providing robust academic and enrichment programs that address a variety of learning modalities.
- We believe that continuous evaluation of our programs and policies insures that we meet the needs of our diverse population of students.
- We believe that involvement from all stakeholders, including parents, community members, and local business partners is fundamental to the success of our program.
- We believe that social emotional learning is essential for students to thrive academically.