Here at Southside, we are committed to providing a safe and structured learning environment. We want to thank you for your continued support in the implementation of our school’s uniform policy. Southside Middle School will require students to wear school uniforms during the 2019-2020 school year. It is expected and imperative that your child attends school every day in complete uniform. Click here for more information on the uniform policy!
The uniform policy in effect consists of the following:
1. Black or yellow polo/golf style shirt with a collar. All shirts must be tucked in at all times. NO T-shirts!
2. Full length khaki or black pants or shorts for both girls and boys. Khaki or black skirts for our girls are acceptable as well. All pants, shorts and skirts are to be plain in design. Shorts and skirts must adhere to the Duval County Code of Appearance and must be acceptable as deemed by school administration. Pants and shorts with belt loops must have a belt worn at the appropriate waist location. All pants, shorts, and skirts MUST fit at the WAIST and be worn at that level.
3. NO JEANS or jean material!!! No leggings or jeggings!!!!!!!
4. Pants and shorts with belt loops must have a belt worn at the appropriate waist location.
5. No hats/baseball caps on campus.
6. Long sleeve shirts (black, yellow, or white) may be worn underneath polo shirts in cold weather.
7. Coats and jackets may be worn as necessary (SOLID BLACK IN COLOR ONLY).
8. Shoes must be closed toed and have a full back. No sandals, slides, flip flops, or heels allowed.
With a uniform policy, several Duval County Public Schools have seen a noticeable decrease in the number of referrals, as well as bullying/harassment of students. In an effort to continue this trend, we are asking for your assistance in ensuring that all students are in “full compliance” of the uniform policy. This upcoming year, STRICT attention and monitoring will be paid to the policy areas specifically outlined above.
We have contracted with a local vendor to order uniform shirts with our school’s logo nicely embroidered on them. Order forms will be mailed home and are also available in the school’s front office. Also, the following area retail stores usually have uniforms in stock in colors specifically for Southside Middle School: Walmart, Target, Old Navy at Town Center, K-Mart, and JC Penney at Regency.
We look forward to a great 2017-2018 school year as we continue on our quest as an International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program. Thank you for your assistance and support in our initiative at Southside Middle School, Home of the Mighty Knights!If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please feel free to contact the school at 904-739-5238.
Home of the Mighty Knights!
Ordering can be done online - click here to begin your order!