John Love Early Learning Center is a Uniform School
If students are not in the school uniform the following guidelines must be followed:
- No halter-tops, tank tops, backless tops, tops with thin or no straps, or tops that show midriff or expose the body shall not be worn.
- See-through or mesh garments shall not be worn without appropriate undergarments.
- Form-fitting or overly tight clothing shall not be worn without appropriate outer garments.
- Properly hemmed outer garments such as shorts, divided skirts, and dresses may be worn, provided they are not distracting, as determined by the school administration. Garments including, but not limited to such items as boxer shorts, traditionally designed as undergarments may not be worn as outer garments.
- Clothing and accessories shall not be worn if they display symbols, violence, lewd and obscene messages, sexually suggestive phrases, or advertisements, or symbols of alcohol, tobacco, or drugs.
- Head coverings, including but not limited to, caps, hats, bandanas, and hair curlers, shall not be worn on school property, unless required by a physician or authorized by school personnel.
- The waistband of shorts, slacks, skirts, and similar garments shall not be worn below the hips. Underwear, midriff and backs should not be exposed. Belts, suspenders, and straps should be worn in place and fastened.
- Any articles of clothing or jewelry that may cause injury to oneself or to others are prohibited.