1. Tan or khaki pants, walking shorts, slacks, skirts, skorts, jumpers or similar clothing made of twill, corduroy or denim fabric.
2. Red shirts: plain collared polo, oxford, dress shirt, long or short sleeve. Absolutely NO logos, insignias, pictures or messages (Stonewall Jackson Elementary logo is acceptable.)
3. Students are permitted to wear school-sponsored T-shirts.
4. Only red jackets and sweaters will be allowed in the classroom.
DCPS Dress Code must be followed at all times.
* The size of shirts and pants must be appropriate to the student's body size and not over-sized or under-sized.
* Shirts must be tucked into the waistband of the pants or skirt. Exceptions will be allowed in individual cases at the principal's discretion.
* If pants or shorts have belt loops, they must be worn with a belt so that the waistband is worn at the waist and not below.
* The hem of girls' skirts or dresses must be no shorter than mid-thigh.
* Students' footwear must be closed toe and heeled shoes. Platforms and shoes with wheels may not be worn.
** School administrators have final authority to decide if clothing complies with the rules. No student will be denied attendance at school or be penalized for failing to wear a school uniform due to financial hardship.
The principal, PTA and School Advisory Council will be developing procedures and criteria to offer assistance to these students. Parents are asked to notify the principal if assistance is needed.