Beginning Thursday, August 20, we have a new traffic pattern.
ArrivalStudents may arrive on campus beginning at 8:00 a.m. When dropping off students, please adhere to the following procedures:
DismissalDismissal begins at 3:00 each day. Students may be checked out early from the office up until 2:15. After this time, students may not be checked out early, as office staff will be preparing for and participating in the dismissal of students. All changes to dismissal must be made prior to 2:15 and must be made in writing or email.Martin Luther King, Jr. School of the Arts students must be designated as one of the following:
- Please enter the car circle on Clyde Drive and pull up as far as you can before stopping
- For safety purposes, only drop students off on the right side of the car on the curb and not in the parking lot or from a second lane
- Remain in a single file line
- Students should remain in the car until their temperature is taken. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher may not come to school.
- Students who walk to school should walk to the entrance on the side of the building to get their temperature checked before entering the school
- All students must wear a mask.
- Please maintain a safe speed in the car circle (5 mph or slower)
If your child is dismissed by car, you must drive through the car circle on the Cyde Drive side of the building. If you would like to park and walk to meet your child, your child should be designated as a walker. Walkers are dismissed at 3:00 p.m. from the front door and will be escorted down the sidewalk to the corner of Clyde Drive and Lake Placid (at the crossing guard). You may meet your child there. Please do not congregate at the front door as we need to maintain social distancing for the protection of all.Please adhere to the to the following procedures for dismissal of car riders:
- Car rider
- Bus rider
- Walker or bike rider
- Daycare van rider
- Boys and Girls Club student
- Please remain in your car, as foot traffic is prohibited in the car circle
- Please provide the name of your child(ren) to the person at the corner
- Drive all the way up as far as you can go.
- Students should only enter on the right side of the car
- Please remain in a single file line, so that children do not have to cross lanes of traffic to load
- Once the car line closes, children who are late must be picked up at the front door.
- All students must be picked up by 3:10 p.m. as the work day ends for teachers at this time. If you are unable to pick up your child(ren) by this time, please consider enrolling in the Boys and Girls Club during which care is available from 3:00-6:00 p.m.