ArrivalStudents may arrive on campus beginning at 8:00 a.m. When dropping off students, please adhere to the following procedures:
DismissalDismissal begins at 3:00 each day. Students may be checked out early from the office up until 2:15. After this time, students may not be checked out early, as office staff will be preparing for and participating in the dismissal of students. All changes to dismissal must be made prior to 2:15 and must be made in writing or in person.Martin Luther King, Jr. School of the Arts students must be designated as one of the following:
- Please enter the car circle from the first driveway opening and pull up as far as you can before stopping
- For safety purposes, only drop students off on the right side of the car on the curb and not in the parking lot or from a second lane
- Remain in a single file line
- If you need to enter the building, please park your car in the parking lot or the grassy area adjacent to the parking lot. Please do not park on the grassy area along the car circle, or in the car circle, as this holds up traffic and prevents others from proceeding
- Please maintain a safe speed in the car circle (5 mph or slower)
Students are not dismissed at the front doors during dismissal as this inhibits the ability of staff to safely escort students to waiting cars. If you would like to park and walk up to meet your child, your child should be designated as a walker. Walkers are dismissed at 3:00 p.m. from the gate on the Clyde Drive side of the building.Please adhere to the to the following procedures for dismissal of car riders:
- Car rider
- Bus rider
- Walker or bike rider
- Daycare van rider
- Boys and Girls Club student
- Please remain in your car, as foot traffic is prohibited in the car circle
- Please provide the name of your child(ren) to the person at the corner
- Drive all the way up as far as you can go.
- Students should only enter on the right side of the car
- Please remain in a single file line, so that children do not have to cross lanes of traffic to load
- Once the car line closes, please come inside the building and sign your child(ren) out at the main office.
- All students must be picked up by 3:10 p.m. as the work day ends for teachers at this time. If you are unable to pick up your child(ren) by this time, please consider enrolling in the Boys and Girls Club in which care is available from 3:00-6:00 p.m.