AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITY CLUBS
We are pleased to announce the addition of activity clubs starting in the 2019-20 school year. We are hoping to bring back Girls on the Run, continue with the Art Club, and we welcome the addition of Guitar Club!
These safety net programs help our students succeed throughout the year:
• Classroom conferences and small-group instruction
• Internet resources including iready, Achieve 3000, IXL, and many more!
• Before and after school tutoring opportunities
• Volunteer mentors
• Classroom Progress Monitoring Plans
• Academic and behavioral team: This team includes a school psychologist, counselor, as well as appropriate regular and special education teachers. The teachers and parents can discuss individual students issues and possible intervention and assistance suggestions. The team meets periodically to monitor success, track results and plan for future steps.
• Special Education Services including ESE, speech and physical therapy.
• RTi is a whole-school initiative to target students’ areas of need. Each teacher will use assessments to help them plan instruction. The major portion of a student’s instruction takes place at the CORE level of instruction. CORE includes everything that the classroom teacher does to ensure that learning takes place. Teachers present the lesson, direct the work period, hold small group assistance and individual conferences, create learning centers, and assess learning. Students who need more practice and improvement after CORE instruction, may be placed in learning tiers and given additional instructional time for up to six weeks at a time. At the end of each tier, students will be reassessed to show growth.