About Holiday Hill Patrols
Holiday Hill Safety Patrols are selected based on their leadership qualities, academic achievement, commitment, sense of responsibility, and positive attitude toward others. Therefore patrols are seen as proven leaders on campus and are expected to uphold these values.
Patrols receive instructions in guidelines and procedures during their training and regular patrol meetings. Duties of all patrols are listed below.
- Set a good example and encourage other students to observe safety rules at all times.
- Report for duty on time following the school dress code, wearing your safety patrol belt during school hours and patrol shirt on Fridays.
- Follow the procedure for reporting incidents to the sponsor, administrators, and staff members as needed.
- Attend and participate in all patrol meetings and training sessions.
- Follow all directions given by a staff member or adult on campus.
In their role of encouraging students to observe safety rules, patrols can have a significant, positive influence on their schoolmates. Patrols influence other students both formally as part of their regular duties, as well as informally because they serve as student role models of appropriate and safe behavior.
Safety Patrol Sponsors:
Ms. Hutto - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Lamb - email@example.com
AAA School Safety Patrols benefit students, schools, and communities.Students gain:
Schools benefit from opportunities to promote:
- Safety awareness
- Respect for law enforcement
Communities benefit from:
- Traffic safety awareness
- Peer-to-peer education
- Character-building opportunities
- A constructive outlet for students’ energy
- A positive relationship with parents, law enforcement, and the overall community
- Safer environments for pedestrians and motorists
- A spirit of volunteerism and civic-mindedness
- A positive collaboration between students, parents, schools, and law enforcement
All Patrol members are eligible to go to Washington DC and visit our Capital and other great sites in June. During the school year they will be doing fundraisers to pay for this trip including Smencil sales in the car riders circle every morning and afternoon for $1.00. These are scented pencils in numerous flavors that make learning and writing fun! Also, the PTA is a sponsor and is allowing all coupon book sales from their fundraiser by patrol members to go towards their Washington DC adventure. The Patrols thank our PTA for supporting them.