Loretto’s Magnet Program
Loretto Elementary is a Technology themed Magnet School. Simply stated, we offer students access to more computers and computer based paraphernalia than most other schools.
What does Loretto offer?
- 2 fully staffed computer labs with 30+ computers in each
- A media center with 25 student laptops and a media specialist that teaches research skills
- Student run morning show
- Student response systems and Mobis in all grades 1-5. Go to www.einstruction.com for more info.
- Projectors, smartboards, and document cameras in all classrooms
- Each classroom has between 8 and 10 computers that can be used for centers or other group activities. 5th grade has access to more!!!
- Students learn basic computer skills (point, click, drag and internet safety) starting in kindergarten. When they are ready to leave for middle school they will have knowledge of how to use most Microsoft Office products along with many web based presentation tools such as Glogster,Prezi, Voki, Tagxedo and many more.
- Programs such as IXL, Explore Learning, Myskillstutor and i-Ready
If you would like to find out more information regarding Duval Schools Magnet Programs click here.