Please note the area that is designated for student parkingStudents must park in the designated area or risk the possibility of fines or loss of parking privileges. Tow signs have been posted and cars without a parking pass will be towed at the owner’s expense.Driving to school is a privilege. In order for a student to drive to school and park in the school parking lot, he or she must follow state laws regarding the operation of the vehicle, have a valid Florida Class E Operator’s License (NOT A LEARNER’S PERMIT), and submit a completed Student Parking Application. For a student to obtain a parking permit, the application needs to be signed by a custodial parent and the student.
Atlantic Coast High School
Student Parking Permit Rules and Regulations
Student parking on our campus is a privilege. Eligible students whose applications are approved will purchase a decal for $50 CASH. Replacement for lost decals cost - $25.00. You must have your decals on display in your car AT ALL TIMES. NO EXCEPTIONS or risk having your car towed. In order to promote the safety and security of our school the following Rules and Regulations will apply to student parking at Atlantic Coast High School:
- Seniors will have first priority for parking. After that, passes may be available for eligible underclassmen.
- Students must hold a valid driver’s license to be eligible for a parking permit.
- Each vehicle shall be properly registered and insured.
- Students must be in good academic and behavioral standing.
- Discipline and/or attendance issues, including tardies, could result in revoking your pass.
- It is the student’s responsibility to supply the school with driver’s license and vehicle registration renewal information. Failure to do so could result in suspension of parking privileges.
- Must have Parental Permission (signature) on application.
- All vehicles parked on the school grounds must be registered with the school and must display a current year’s decal on the driver’s windshield.
- Student parking is strictly limited to the designated student parking areas.
- The school is not responsible for the automobile, contents, or accidents occurring on school grounds.
- Student vehicles may be subject to search.
- Speeding or any form of reckless driving on school grounds will result in revoking your parking pass.
- Loitering in the parking lot during the school day may result in suspension of your parking pass.
- Leaving campus without permission may result in the loss of your parking privilege.
- Students cannot lend or give their decals to other students for any reason.
- It is the responsibility of the student to submit an updated application and supporting documentation if your vehicle, license, insurance, or registration changes or is updated.
- Report lost/stolen parking decals immediately to Mrs. Goller. You must purchase a replacement decal.
- Parking privileges may be revoked, if a student violates the Student Code of Conduct.
- PARKING IN ANY SENIOR PAINTED PARKING SPOT THAT IS NOT YOURS WILL RESULT IN A WARNING STICKER BEING PLACED ON YOUR VEHICLE. A SECOND OFFENSE WILL RESULT IN YOUR VEHICLE BEING TOWED.
It is considered a privilege to park on school grounds. Student Code of Conduct Offenses (tardiness, skipping, truancy, speeding or driving recklessly, etc.) can result in the suspension or revocation of driving privileges. Suspension of driving privileges, towing of vehicles and/or suspension from school may be enforced if violations occur.For more information regarding State law and driving privileges, check out the following sites:
Florida License Laws
Florida DMV Driver’s License PagesIf you are an ACHS student wishing to drive and park at school, please read all of the above information and then download the required documents by clicking the link in the left column STUDENT PARKING APPLICATION