When registering a child, you need to bring all of the following information with you:
Abess Park Registration Information
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Click here for more registration information.
~ ALL DOCUMENTATION IS NEEDED AT TIME OF REGISTRATION – NO EXCEPTIONS ~
All registrants must provide valid documentation to include proof of birth age, Florida certification of immunization or exemption, proof of residency, and meet the following school registration requirements under Florida Law:
- Kindergarten - Children may enter kindergarten if they will be five years old on or before September 1st.
- First Grade - Children may enter first grade if they will be 6 (six) years old on or before September 1st, and have successfully completed kindergarten.
- All children who will be 6 (six) years old by February 1st must attend school.
- All children must attend school until they reach the age of 16 (sixteen).
Proof of Birth, Vaccination, Physical Examination & Other Documentation
All registrants must provide all of the following:
- Birth certificate or valid evidence of date of birth
- Florida certification of immunization or exemption
- Physical examination for all students who have never attended a Florida public or private school (physical must be no more than 12 months old at the time of the student’s enrollment)
- Most recent report card, if granted from another district
Proof of residence is required before a student is enrolled in his/her properly assigned school. For registration and subsequent enrollment, the parent or legal guardian must complete the district's student registration form and submit:
- 1 (one) document from the sources listed in Column A
- 1 (one) additional document from Columns B or C (both sources of information must match).
- For extraordinary circumstances, please contact the District's Pupil Assignment Office/School Choice office directly for further clarification regarding other accepted official identification sources not listed below.
Jacksonville Electric Authority
(JEA) bill or TECO bill
Current Bank Account Statement (may block out account number)
Mortgage agreement (or closing statement)
Credit Card statement
Lease agreement (from a company, or *private individual)
Bank account statement
Current non-cellular phone bill
Driver’s License or State ID
US postal service confirmation of address change
*Private lease agreement must be notarized AND two additional documents from columns B and C are required.
Bona Fide Residence Process
When school is in session and a parent cannot readily produce the required documentation, the school shall ensure the student is readily enrolled following the “Bona Fide Residence” process:
- The student shall be registered in school.
- Acceptable proof of residence must be provided within 15 school days.
- If, after 15 school days, acceptable proof of residence has not been provided, the student shall be immediately withdrawn by the school and must be registered and enrolled in the appropriate boundaries school by the parent.