- Request your transcript
- State University System of Florida Information Sheets
- Information on all higher education opportunities in Florida
- Common App Website
- Essay Help
- College Planning Questionnaire
- Activities and Experiences Sheet
- Student Information for Teacher Recommendation
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Junior/Senior Parent Night Powerpoint Presentation
- Financial Aid Night Presentation
Ongoing, August – June: apply for scholarships.
October 1 – November 1: Early Decision, Early Action, and other special admissions deadlines such as University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Georgia Tech on October 15
November 1: University of Florida application deadline.
December 1 – February 1: Most deadlines for commonapp.org colleges.
October 1: Bright Futures application available online.
October 1: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available. (Note: Beginning in the 2016-2017 school year, the FAFSA will open October 1.)
May 1: Date by which you MUST have notified the college you will attend and make a deposit.
SAT and ACT
SAT Test dates: August 26, 2017, October 7, 2017, November 4, 2017, December 2, 2017, March 10, 2018, May 5, 2018, June 2, 2018
*Please visit Collegeboard's website for test registration deadlines. Click here to register for the SAT
ACT Test dates: September 9, 2017, October 28, 2017, December 9, 2017, February 10, 2018, April 14, 2018, June 9, 2018, July 14, 2018 *Please visit ACT's website for test registration deadlines. Click here to register for the ACT
College Application Process
State of Florida Public Colleges and Universities - follow all of the guidelines and directions to apply that are on the SUS matrix chart, or go to the colleges’ websites. When you request the transcript, the following occurs:
- Stanton receives your request.
- Stanton electronically sends your request to the Duval County transmission center.
- Duval County sends your transcript electronically to the college.
- The college “picks up” your transcript from their electronic mailbox.
- The college must process this information and will post it on your status screen - THIS COULD TAKE UP TO 3 – 4 WEEKS from the date you request it, so please be patient if it doesn’t show on your status screen immediately.
- You open an account at www.commonapp.org or www.coalitionforcollegeaccess.org follow all directions carefully.
- Complete all information thoughtfully, completely, and accurately.
- You will be asked for your counselor’s email address. Use ONLY the following: May Ibasco - A-D email@example.com , Phone Ext 118 Penny Studstill - (Department Head)- E-K- firstname.lastname@example.org , Phone Ext – 119 Kyle Fessenden- L-R, email@example.com Phone Ext 117 Misayo Watanabe - S-Z, firstname.lastname@example.org , Phone Ext 116
- Your counselor will complete the online High School Report Form and will electronically send your transcript. IMPORTANT NOTE: in order for your counselor to complete these forms, an Activities and Experiences Sheet, as well as a College Questionaire must be completed.
- For teacher recommendations, put your teacher’s email address where requested, and notify that teacher at least 2 weeks before the due date. Teacher email addresses can be accessed by clicking on the tab “Contact Information,” located at the top of this page.
- Your online application – complete at the college’s website.
- Your transcript - request the transcript on the Stanton site. It will be mailed unless you state otherwise.
- A Counselor’s Report Form - sometimes called the High School Report Form. You must print this and BRING it to your counselor. The only exception would be if the college asks for the counselor’s email and sends the form to the counselor directly – this should be clear in the directions the college gives you. This form will be mailed with the transcript unless submitted online.
- Teacher Recommendation Forms - You must print these and BRING them to your teachers. The only exception would be if the college asks for the teachers’ emails and sends the forms to the teachers directly – this should be clear in the directions the college gives you. When requesting a recommendation from a teacher, be sure to complete this form and give it to her/him.
- College Application Essays - Your essay is a very important component of your application. It is important that you clearly understand the prompt, or what they are asking you to write. Once you have a working draft of an essay, you should show it to your English teachers as well as submit it to your counselor for review.
Writer’s block is very common when having to approach an essay about yourself. The attributes that colleges are expecting you to address in your essay are contained in these handouts:
Evaluate Yourself – prompts to help you clarify issues
Components of a successful college essay.
Paying for College $$$
1. Florida Bright Futures Program opens October 1st
High School Graduation Year SAT/ACT Score to Earn FAS Award SAT/ACT Score to Earn FMS Award Community Service Hours Requirement GPA Requirement 2018-2018
FAS- 100 FAS – 3.5 or higher in 16 credits of college prep academic classes
FMS- 75 FMS- 3.0 or higher in 16 credits of college prep academic classes
Click here for information on the various types of financial assistance.