Sophomore Information and Sophomore New Page
Be sure to sign up for the Freshman Remind: Text 81010 @SCPGU25
Follow us on Instagram: @scpguidance
Welcome to the 10th graders’ information page. Information will be added to this page throughout the year, so please check back from time to time. Also, you should visit the Sophomore News page on a regular basis to stay informed of upcoming programs. All relevant information for 10th graders will be posted here. When you are at the Sophomore News page, view the links to other news on the left of the page - there you will see links to Senior and Junior News, as well as news for all students.
College Planning Timeline 10th grade
College Selection Guide: Your guide to finding the right school for you!
State University Admission Chart
Future Planning Appointment
Parents and students have the recommended option of setting up an appointment with your school counselor to discuss the student’s specific goals and other needs regarding future planning.
Scheduling an appointment with your counselor:
- Verify a date and time with your counselor (24 hour notice (minimum))
- Must have teacher permission (during school hours)
- Have teacher email your counselor verifying
- May Ibasco - Department Head- Students A-F, grades 9-12, Honors, IB students - email – ibascom, Phone Ext 1153999921
- Kyle Fessended Students G-N, 9-12, Honors, IB students- email - fessendenk Phone Ext 1153999923
- Misayo Watanabe - O-Z, 9-12, Honors, IB students - email- watanabem, Phone Ext 1153999924
PSAT score help
The College Board offers free PSAT and SAT prep through their website. Please visit the College Board website to access these resources. Khan Academy: Steps to Linking with Official SAT Practice
- It's never too early to start your volunteer work. Even though volunteer hours are not a requirement to graduate from high school, we still highly encourage students to complete volunteer work towards scholarship applications.
- Use this form to submit your hours to the School Guidance Counseling Office: Community Service Verification Form or Paid Work Hours Verification Form
- Where to find volunteer opportunities:
College Campus Visits: Tips for College Campus Visits
Activities and Experiences
When you eventually apply to colleges, a very important part of your application will be to describe your high school activities and experience. This part of your application might make or break your admissions. Now is a good time to get started compiling your activities and experience sheet.
Choosing a Career
Choosing a career/major of interest can be tough, especially when you're in high school. Consider checking out the following links to help you get started on this journey.