Freshmen Information and Freshmen News Page
Be sure to sign up for the Freshman Remind: Text 81010 @SCPG27
Follow us on Instagram: @scpguidance
The Freshman Year is a very important year in high school. Everything you do during this year will affect your future which most likely includes college admission: grades in courses, test scores, activities, community service, leadership, etc. So do your best in your courses and if you have any questions or problems, see your School Counselor to see what help is available to you.
As news and information on summer programs becomes available, it will be posted in Freshmen News. When you click on the news link, you will see links for Senior News, Junior News, as Sophomore News on the left navigation area of the page.
College Selection Guide: Your guide to finding the right school for you!
College Campus Visits: Tips for College Campus Visits
- It's never too early to start your volunteer work. Even though volunteer hours are not a requirement to graduate from high school, we still highly encourage students to complete volunteer work towards scholarship applications.
- Use this form to submit your hours to the School Guidance Counseling Office: Community Service Verification Form
- Where to find volunteer opportunities:
Building your Resume:
Paying for College $$$Tools to use:
- MyinTuition developed by Wellesley College. It shows the projected cost of college once financial aid is factored in, helping students understand and plan for what college will actually cost.
- My Big Future developed by Collegeboard. Compare the true cost of various colleges. Use this calculator to see how much college will cost by the time you enroll.
- Raise.me earn micro-scholarship as early as 9th grade.
Florida Bright Futures Program opens October 1st of senior year.
High School Graduation Year SAT/ACT Score to Earn FAS Award SAT/ACT Score to Earn FMS Award Community Service Hours Requirement GPA Requirement 2020-2021 and after
FAS- 100 FAS – 3.5 or higher in 16 credits of college prep academic classes
FMS- 75 FMS- 3.0 or higher in 16 credits of college prep academic classes
Scheduling an appointment with your counselor:
- Verify a date and time with your counselor (24 hour notice (minimum))
- Must have teacher permission (during school hours)
- Have teacher email your counselor verifying