Welcome to Alden Road Exceptional Student Center where we Embrace learning, Empower students and Enlighten lives.
OUR FOCUS FOR STUDENT LEARNING: OUR VISIONThe VISION of Alden Road is to instruct, mentor and support students in reaching their full potential as responsible and productive citizens within the community.
OUR COMMITMENT FOR ACTION: OUR MISSIONIt is The MISSION and commitment of Alden Road School, its families and the community to provide individualized instruction within a safe, respectful and positive learning environment that promotes self-determination, self-advocacy, self-esteem and skills for communication and life-long learning.
The Foundation that Guides Our Actions Beliefs and Commitments
- We believe the focus on student success drives all decisions at Alden Road School.
- We believe that student achievement is a shared responsibility requiring the cooperation and commitment of students, parents, staff and the community.
- We believe instructional excellence is gained through quality educational programs that focus on continually improving student achievement.
- We believe it is our responsibility to provide a safe and cooperative learning environment that enhances self-esteem, self-determination, optimizes student potential and promotes mutual respect and social responsibility.
- Student learning is the highest priority that drives all decisions at Alden Road. It is the school’s responsibility to assist in the successful transition of students into adult living. When given appropriate instruction, all students are capable of learning. All students are the responsibility of all teachers and staff. The learning process requires that assessment, goals, and instruction be aligned. Students must be provided a supportive learning environment.