2019 Summer Driver’s Education Classes
Samuel W. Wolfson High School
7000 Powers Avenue
904-739-5265 X 148 Tracy Rhodes
Registration Dates & Times:
February – May: (Tuesday & Wednesday evenings from 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM )
- Not open for registration: March 11-15, April 19, April 22, May 27th.
Cost: $160 exact CASH only (NO credit/debit cards or checks accepted!)
Class Times: 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Dates of Each Session: (Pick one session)
Session 1: June 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18 (No Fridays)
Session 2: June 19, 20, 24, 25, 26, 27 (No Fridays)
Session 3: July 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10 (No Fridays)
Session 4: July 11, 15, 16, 17, 18, 22 (No Fridays)
- Learners Permit is recommended prior to the start of the session. If you don’t have a permit before the session begins, you have to pass the Permit test with us the first day and then go straight to the DMV with all the necessary paperwork to get your permit printed out. If you fail to get the permit on the first day of the session, you cannot drive our vehicles without a permit so you will not be able to get a license. There will be NO REFUNDS if you fail to get a permit by the first day of the session.
- The student does not need to be present to register – they can have someone register them.
- Vehicles are provided during each session.
- The class consists of three parts – classroom, driving range, and street driving. You must average a 70% on all tests in each part to qualify for your Drivers License waiver.
- Lunch is 30 minutes – must bring your own lunch and drink.
- Do not bring purses or backpacks – you will be moving from classroom to driving range to street driving and will have to leave your belongings in the classroom. School is not responsible for missing items.
- Sneakers or flat shoes are required at all times for safety – no flip-flops or high heels.
Please sign up during registration weeks, so we can contact instructors. We must have 8 or more people registered to make a Ballroom class, and 15 or more to make a Driver’s Education class.
Registration will be CASH only! NO CHECKS or CREDIT/DEBIT Cards will be accepted! No phone registration, you must come in person during the registration dates and times.
Registration: Mid-Fall: Mar. 5, 6, 7 6:30 – 7:30 P.M. (Classes begin the week of Mar. 18, 2019)
Schools closed: March 11-15 Spring Break
Dance - Ballroom w/ Luanna (Continuation Waltz, Tango & Cha-Cha) starts: 3/19/19 – 5/7/19
7:00 - 9:00 PM
Dance - Ballroom w/ Luanna (Continuation Waltz, Tango & Cha-Cha) starts: 3/20/19 – 5/8/19
7:00 - 9:00