• How can I find out what school my child attends?
    The Pupil Placement Department handles student registration and placement. Call 904-390-2144 for more information.

    How can I enroll my child in school?
    A parent or guardian must go to the school and show documentation of current residence; immunization; date of birth; and a physical within the last twelve months. If transferring from another city or state, a parent or guardian must show proof of previous residence and official school records. Kindergarten students must be five years of age on or before September 1 of the school year. First-grade students must be six on or before September 1 and must show proof of completion of kindergarten. For more information, contact 904-390-2144.

    When is the first day of school, the last day of school, or Spring Break?
    Information regarding the school calendar and holidays can be accessed on this website by referring the district calendar

    When are applications for Magnet Programs accepted?
    The general application period for Magnet Programs is January-February of each academic school year. For more information about Magnet Programs, contact 904-390-2082 or visit the website.

    What Exceptional Education & Student Services programs are offered by Duval County Public Schools?
    Services are provided for students who are mentally handicapped, emotionally handicapped, specific learning disabled, sensory impaired, speech and language impaired, physically impaired, hospital/homebound, autistic, gifted, and developmentally delayed. Occupational and physical therapy are also available. For more information, contact Exceptional Education & Student Services at 904-390-2076.

    How can I get a copy of my transcript?
    Most student transcripts can be obtained by using our online transcripts service.

    Is bus transportation available for my child?
    State law requires bus transportation for students who live two miles or more from the schools they currently attend. The school district also provides special bus services for students in Exceptional Education programs, regardless of distance, under specific guidelines. For more information, contact the Transportation Department at 904-858-6200.

    As a parent, how can I get involved?
    Parent involvement is important to Duval County Public Schools. Numerous opportunities exist through PTA and School Advisory Councils. Business partnerships are also welcomed. For more information, contact your area school or the school district's Community Involvement Office at 904-390-2960.