The responsibility of the school advisory council is:To provide parents, citizens, faculty, staff, and students an opportunity to participate in the development of educational priorities, assessment of a school’s needs, and identification of local resources.The functions of school advisory councils are:
- To assist in the preparation and evaluation of the school improvement plan (SIP) (Sec. 1001.452(2), F.S.).
- To assist in the preparation of educational improvement proposals for implementing an educational improvement grant.
- To assist in the preparation of the school’s annual budget (Sec. 1001.452(2), F.S.).
- To assist in completion of the Mid-Year Stakeholder Assessment.
- To perform functions prescribed by regulations of the district school board (Sec. 1001.452(2), F.S.)
S.A.C. Membership is representative of the Arlington student population. Applications for membership will be reviewed and approved for membership during the first meeting, August 16, 2018 at 7:45 a.m. (Media Center). Meetings are open to the community throughout the school year and parents, families, educational agencies, partnerships and surrounding community members are encouraged to attend.