Kernan Trail ElementarySchool Advisory CouncilThe responsibility of the School Advisory Committee:To provide parents, citizens, faculty, staff, and students an opportunity to participate int he development of educational priorities, assessment of a school's needs, and identification of local resources.
The functions of school advisory councils are:
- To assist in the preparation and evaluation of the school improvement plan (SIP) (Sec. 1001.452(2), F.S.).
- To assist in the preparation of educational improvement proposals for implementing an educational improvement grant.
- To assist in the preparation of the school’s annual budget (Sec. 1001.452(2), F.S.).
- To assist in completion of the Mid-Year Stakeholder Assessment.
- To perform functions prescribed by regulations of the district school board (Sec. 1001.452(2), F.S.).
Other broad functions of the school advisory councils:
The School Advisory Council meets the on the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:00.SAC includes parents, business partners, community members, teachers, and administration. Everyone is invited to attend these meetings.School Year 2018-2019 SAC meeting dates
- To participate in planning and monitoring of school buildings and grounds.
- To initiate activities or programs that generate greater cooperation between the community and the school.
- To assist in the development of educational goals and objectives.
- To provide input regarding the district’s Strategic Plan.
- To recommend various support services and resources.
- To review the impact of property development and zoning changes in the vicinity of the school as they relate to the safety, welfare and educational opportunities of the students.
September 10, 2018
October 8, 2018
November 5, 2018
December 10, 2018
January 14, 2019
February 11, 2019
March 4, 2019
April 8, 2019
May 6, 2019