S School Advisory Council
The responsibility of the school advisory council is:
To provide parents, citizens, faculty, staff, and students an opportunity to participate in the development of educational priorities, assessment of a school’s needs, and identification of local resources.
The functions of school advisory councils are:
- To assist in the preparation and evaluation of the school improvement plan (SIP) (Sec. 1001.452(2), F.S.).
- To assist in the preparation of educational improvement proposals for implementing an educational improvement grant.
- To assist in the preparation of the school’s annual budget (Sec. 1001.452(2), F.S.).
- To assist in completion of the Mid-Year Stakeholder Assessment.
- To perform functions prescribed by regulations of the district school board (Sec. 1001.452(2), F.S.).
Other broad functions of the school advisory councils:
- To participate in planning and monitoring of school buildings and grounds.
- To initiate activities or programs that generate greater cooperation between the community and the school.
- To assist in the development of educational goals and objectives.
- To provide input regarding the district’s Strategic Plan.
- To review and provide input on curriculum issues.
- To recommend various support services and resources.
- To review the impact of property development and zoning changes in the vicinity of the school as they relate to the safety, welfare and educational opportunities of the students.
- To review the budget to be sure it is aligned with the School Improvement Plan.
- To perform other functions as requested by the principal.
SAC meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 pm in the Media Center
**February and March meeting will occur on the third Tuesday of the month**
September 13, 2022
October 11, 2022
November 8, 2022
December 13, 2022
January 10, 2023
February 21, 2023
March 21, 2023
April 11, 2023
May 9, 2023