*Currently, we are unable to allow for visitors or volunteers in the building. Once restrictions are lifted, we will continue to use the policies below. We appreciate your patience as we focus on the safety of your children and our staff.
Procedures for Parent Observations in Classrooms
- Anyone who is requesting to observe any space in the school must have volunteer clearance.
- Requests to observe a student within the classroom setting should be submitted by the parent to the principal or his/her designee. The principal, or his/her designee, will ensure that a minimum of 24 hours is provided to inform the teacher of the parent/guardian visit.
- Requests cannot be denied but can be delayed due to testing schedules. Requests to visit classrooms should be shared with the teacher(s) in advance by the principal or his/her designee.
- Requests for observation can be done in writing or verbally to the principal, or his/her designee, outlining the nature of the request. In addition, the request must be specific to the classroom(s) to be observed.
- Observations may not interfere with the delivery of instruction or disrupt the learning environment. Exit conferences with the teacher or principal/designee must occur at a prescribed time away from students and after instructional time.
- Visitors may not take photos, take video, or audio recordings while in the classroom observing.
- Upon arrival, visitors must follow established procedures for entering the main building including but not limited to: signing in, presenting a photo ID, and wearing a visitors’ badge. The visitor badge must be worn at all times and placed in a visible location.
- Visitors are to be escorted to the classroom by a staff member prior to the start of class.
- At the conclusion of the observation a staff member should be called to escort the parent/guardian back to the office.
- Parents/guardians may not have access to student performance or behavioral records outside of their own child’s. In addition, the principal and/or their designee should discuss with the parent/guardian the importance of maintaining confidentiality regarding observations of other students within the classroom