Duval Virtual Instruction Academy (DVIA), is a Kindergarten – 12th Grade Duval County Public School (DCPS). We provide a comprehensive option for families who choose to approach education within their own home. With the flexibility to serve individual needs, we bring the innovation of 21st century learning to you. Traditional home schooled students may take courses through our part-time program. DVIA also has a fulltime student option, which culminates in a DCPS high school diploma from the comfort of a student's home.
Although there may be other virtual school options in Jacksonville, DVIA is the only public virtual school option offered by DCPS. This means that our FULL-TIME students will:
- receive instruction from state-certified instructors
- follow the DCPS calendar
- have limited access to face-to-face instruction at the "Live Campus"
- have access to a school counselor
- receive ESE services (as appropriate)
- have the option to attend activities and athletics at their zoned physical schools
- receive report cards
- take accredited courses
- attend annual graduation ceremony (seniors)
*DVIA full-time students are required to participate in state-mandated assessments.
*Please visit our Registration Page for additional information.