•   DCPS                            
    Registration and Enrollment
    School Registration Under Florida Law:
    • A child must have successfully completed kindergarten in order to be eligible for first grade.
    • Children may enter kindergarten if they will be five years old on or before September 1st.
    • Children may enter first grade if they will be six years old on or before September 1st, and have successfully completed kindergarten.
    • All children who will be six years old by February 1st must attend school.
    • All children must attend school until they reach the age of 16.
    This is Florida law and there are no exceptions.
    DCPS offers the ability to determine your student's school online via the school locator link.
    How do you register your child in a Duval County public school?
    1. Find out which school your child(ren) will attend.
    2. Enter your address online in the school locator or contact the Pupil Assignment Office at 390-2144 to learn where your child(ren) are assigned to attend school based upon your home address.
    3. Visit the school your child(ren) attend to register during school hours. Check the school listing on our Website for individual school hours. for school listings.
    4. Proof of residence is required in order to ensure that a student is enrolled in his/her properly assigned school. For registration and subsequent enrollment, the parent or legal guardian must complete the district's student registration form and submit one document from the sources listed in Column A and one additional document from Columns B or C (both sources of information must match). Other official identification sources may be approved by the District's School Choice office in extraordinary circumstances.


    Column A Column B Column C
    Jacksonville Electric Authority (JEA) bill or TECO bill Automobile Insurance Current Bank Account Statement (may block out account number)
    Mortgage agreement (or closing statement) Credit Card statement Payroll Statement
    Lease agreement (from a company, or *private individual) Bank account statement Current non-cellular phone bill
    Driver’s License or State ID US postal service confirmation  of address change Vehicle Registration
     *Private lease agreement must be notarized AND two additional documents from columns B and C are required.

    For good cause, such as but not limited to cases where the principal/designee believes that a student’s enrollment information is inaccurate due to returned mail or reasonable suspicion that the student is not residing at the claimed address, the following procedures may be implemented at the discretion of the Principal/designee (based on sufficient resources):
    • A call or a home visit may be made, or a letter may be sent to parent(s) who have conflicting address information, requesting that the parent verify and update enrollment information.
    • The school staff may examine the Property Appraiser’s Website to determine the parent’s homestead (primary residence) location. The homestead address of the parent will be used as a factor to determine the student’s assigned school. A conflicting address indicates that further investigation is required.
    • The Principal/designee may also require submission of one of the additional proofs of residence listed in Column C.
    When school is in session and a parent cannot readily produce the required documentation, the school shall ensure the student is readily enrolled following the “Bona Fide Residence” process included below.

    Bona Fide Residence Process
    When the parent cannot produce any acceptable proof of residency as stated above:
    • The student shall be registered in school.
    • Acceptable proof of residence must be provided within 15 school days.
    • If, after 15 school days, acceptable proof of residence has not been provided, the student shall be immediately withdrawn by the school and must be registered and enrolled in the appropriate boundaries school by the parent.