GRASP Academy is a Uniform School. Students in grades 1-8 are REQUIRED to follow the Uniform Policy:
GRASP uniform colors are Hunter Green, Navy Blue, White and/or Red.
· Solid Colored Plain Collared Polo- hunter green, navy blue, white, or red polo/golf styled collared shirts (short or long sleeve).
· PTA or school logo t-shirts can also be worn at any time. **Only T-shirts permitted are school logo t-shirts** Golf/collared shirts can be plain or school logo.
· Khaki or navy shorts, skirts, jumpers, or full-length pants - must not be skintight/form fitting/stretch pants.
· Jeans are NOT part of the school uniform.
· Note: BLACK is not a school uniform color.
· Leggings can only be worn under skirts or shorts. They need to be white, khaki, or navy solids only. No leggings/jeggings/yoga pants/stretch khakis without skirt or shorts covering bottoms.
· Headbands with "ears," "hats," and other distracting items sticking up are not permitted (except on a special school hat day!).
· No rubber athletic slides, slippers, or Flip-Flops - sandals must have a backstrap and crocs must also have a backstrap (sports mode).
· Zip up hoodies must be in solid school uniform color with or without the GRASP Logo. Zip up hoodies can be worn but hoods cannot be worn during school hours. No other hoodies are acceptable.
· No hats are worn in the building except on designated hat days.
Duval County Public Schools Dress Code:
· Elementary school students are not allowed to wear shoes without closed heels or back straps.
· Shoes must be worn. However, bedroom shoes or slippers shall not be worn.
· Halter-tops, tank tops, backless tops, tops with thin or no straps, or tops that show midriff or expose the body are prohibited.
· See-through or mesh garments shall not be worn without appropriate undergarments.
· Form-fitting or overly tight clothing shall not be worn without appropriate outer garments.
· Properly hemmed outer garments such as shorts, divided skirts, and dresses may be worn, provided they are not disruptive or distractive, as determined by the school administration. Garments including, but not limited to, such items as boxer shorts, traditionally designed as undergarments, may not be worn as outer garments.
· Clothing and accessories shall not be worn if they display profanity, violence, lewd and obscene messages, sexually suggestive phrases, or advertisements, phrases or symbols of alcohol, tobacco, or drugs or other symbols phrases or advertisements that would be offensive to common propriety or decency.
· Head coverings, including, but not limited to, caps, hats, bandannas, hair curlers, and/or sunglasses, shall not be worn on school property, unless required by a physician or authorized by school personnel.
· Students are prohibited from wearing clothing that exposes underwear or body parts in an indecent or vulgar manner or that disrupts the orderly learning environment. The waistband of shorts, slacks, skirts, and similar garments shall not be worn below the hips. Clothing, which is not worn appropriately, is not properly fastened, is suggestive, or has tears that reveal or expose body parts, has printing with words or pictures that have a sexual connotation will not be permitted. All trousers, including oversized or low-hanging trousers, must be worn and secured at waist level. Underwear, midriff and back may not be exposed. If belts, suspenders, and straps are worn, they shall be worn in place and fastened.
· Any articles of clothing or jewelry that may cause injury to oneself or to other students are not allowed.
· All students must adhere to these minimal guidelines for acceptable apparel and appearance. To maximize instructional time, students will be given an opportunity to immediately correct dress code infractions. All dress code infractions will follow Duval