WOLFSON HIGH SCHOOL JROTC
Senior Army Instructor:
LTC Timothy Washington
1SG Ronald Davis
SFC Myron Jackson
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWHY JOIN JROTC?
- To appreciate the ethical values and principles that underlie good citizenship
- To develop leadership potential, while living and working cooperatively with others
- To be able to think logically and to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing
- To appreciate the importance of physical fitness in maintaining good health
- To understand the importance of high school graduation for a successful future and learn about college and other advanced educational and employment opportunities
- To develop mental management abilities
- To become familiar with military history as it relates to America's culture and understand the history, purpose, and structure of military services
- To develop the skills necessary to work effectively as a member of a team
JROTC’s mission, "To Motivate Young People to be Better Citizens", is the guide post for the program’s success. All lessons are designed using a four part model to motivate the Cadet, allow the Cadet to learn new information, practice competency, and apply the competency to a real-life situation. Moreover, the four part model requires Cadets to collaborate, reflect, develop critical thinking skills, and integrate content with other disciplines. JROTC curriculum includes lessons in leadership, health and wellness, physical fitness, first-aid, geography, American history and government, communications, and emotional intelligence.